Sunday, June 3, 2012

So We Went Away For The Weekend...


To continue the story of coming home after four days to missing/moved walls, the next morning we got up and I picked out my front door.*

In seven minutes.

*I've since changed my mind on the front door 4-5 times, and still have yet to make a final final decision, but that's my prerogative, right?

Why was I in such a hurry? Well, we had somewhere to be on Friday.

Yep, four weeks ago (as most of you know), we eloped to the Oregon Coast.


May 5th, 2012
South Jetty, Fort Stevens State Park, Astoria, Oregon

But as we were eating breakfast that Friday morning, The Farmer informed me I needed to pick out a door.

Now.

Apparently there's something about the contractor not wanting to cut the wrong size of hole is the side of The Jungle House...

I guess that makes sense.

As we gave the measurements to our contractor, The Farmer added the side note of  "Oh, we'll be gone for the weekend. We're going to the Coast. We'll be back on Tuesday." All calm and nonchalant-like.

Upon our return, our contractor (who is a friend/neighbor on the island) grinned and said, "Yeah. You're just going away for the weekend..."

The Farmer doesn't like this picture...don't tell him I posted it on the blog.

And yes, we went to Home Depot on our honeymoon.



1 comment: