Saturday, May 26, 2012

Welcome to the Jungle!


You'd think that Guns N' Roses would be playing loudly in the back of my mind at the moment, but no...

Instead, The Sound of Music's Do-Re-Mi, with the "Let's start at the very beginning...A very good place to start..." is running through my head. Odd. But, well...

I do love that movie, and there are quite a few New Year's Eves where I watch the sing-a-long version. Oh, did I admit that outloud?

The song is running through my head because I've been putting off starting this blog. It's such a big new project to undertake. And you can't start a blog on a Tuesday. My pictures are stuck on my new SmartPhone, making me feel dumb trying to get them uploaded. And I need to have all the photos organized. And...And...And...

I ran out of excuses today (plus we ordered Save The Date postcards with the web address printed on it that are arriving next week), so here we go.  Finally this blog...my third*...has emerged.

I guess I first need to share that The Farmer and I refer to our new house as The Jungle House. Hence, the post title.

And why The Jungle House? Well...this is what it looked like last November when we first looked at it:



I know what you are thinking: You went inside?!?!?! You kept looking?!!!?!? You bought it?!??!

Ummm...Yes?...

But hey, a new blog came out of it! Aren't you excited to find out what the heck we were thinking? And what the rest of our life entails?

Welcome to the Jungle! We don't have any monkeys...just a few cows... (More on that later.)


*My other blogs are family genealogical blogs: http://www.deadpeopleinthebasement.blogspot.com/ and http://www.sleepymeadowfarm.blogspot.com/. You don't have to be related to me to enjoy them.



No comments:

Post a Comment