Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hilton Points


The Farmer will tell you he married me for my Hilton points.

Being a Hilton Diamond member has its benefits - who can deny free wi-fi, free snacks, and valet parking (select locations)? It also says you travel too much.

So when The Farmer and I can use some of my thousands of Hilton points it is exciting. And The Farmer can remind me that he married me for my free hotel stays.

While not very romantic, I like having a long list of things The Farmer loves about me. And if hotel bills equaling zero is on his list, I'll take it.

Fall in admission world is "Travel Season" and this fall I'll have some travel companions...The Herdsman is coming along for the ride! My mother - who has dubbed herself "Mary Poppins" - will complete the trio. And if I can tear The Farmer away from the island, I hope he'll join in on a few trips as well.

We introduced The Herdsman to the glamorous life of travel a few weeks ago. We went away for an evening for our anniversary - and stayed a whopping 30 miles from home at the Astoria Hampton Inn.

And look at the room we got!


The Farmall tractor room!

The Farmer has a Farmall tractor. The Farmer has a Farmall tractor hat. He didn't bring either on this trip. He also didn't want his picture taken with the room number sign...something about he doesn't need a photo with the photo of a tractor he already owns, or something like that.

While I was excited about the room number sign, The Farmer and The Herdsman were very excited about free HBO.



The Herdsman was also excited about the big bed.



And this photo...taken at 5:00 am...required me to remind The Herdsman that having a party in a hotel room is an easy way to get kicked out of a hotel and should be reserved for college.


Here's to your first night in what will be many nights of hotel living, my little travel partner! 

Your mama is a Hilton Diamond member.








No comments:

Post a Comment